Thursday, July 10, 2008

The End of the World...of Warcraft!

For this last hand-on assignment I decided to take advantage of my WoW account. I started playing again after the semester ended with a group of friends--shame on me, I know. Not many things have chanced since I played last so there are few new experiences I can chat about. Instead of commenting on an hour of play I'll talk about the past two months and my playing.

I don't consider myself one of those "hardcore", end game players. I'm more into the PvP (player vs player) part of the game. PvP consists of Battlegrounds and Arena games. The battlegrounds are instances where 10v10, 15v15, or 25v25 players battle it out in games of capture the flag, controlling areas, or killing a leader. In arenas teams of 2v2, 3v3, or 5v5 battle each other to the "death" with the winner's rating going up and the loser's going down. All of these reward the player with "honor" which he can turn in for items. I've had many experiences in the BG's and arenas, most being the victor.

My character at the moment is "Wait" a undead priest. For the past two months I've been leveling as fast as possible so I can play with my friends at 70. I cheat and use mods to quest--mods that show me what to do, not actually cheat the leveling system. I plan to PvP with my friends until the summer is over and they quit, then try to sell my account for whatever I can get for it.

I highly discourage anyone to play the game, since it can be addicting and a waste of time, lol.

The screenshot below is a shot of me "camping" another player. Camping is when you wait by the players corpse until they resurrect and then killing them again, etc etc.



No comments: